Often studying history is extremely useful in teaching us what we need to do moving forward into the future. It can also be absolutely TERRIFYING to see what people have done in the past! For example take a look at these photos from the past…
1. Eighteenth century witch’s chair
2. Seventeenth century poison cabinet
3. Carnival prop from the early twentieth century—a mummy’s head
4. A Norton motorcycle and its little side… coffin.
5. If you lived in London in the 1930s you were allowed to send game via the post office.
6. This horrifying prosthetic toe was found in the tomb of Tabeketenmut
7. Kit from the nineteenth century used for vampire hunting.
8. Medical bone saws.
9. A prosthetic left arm from 1850-1910.
10. Morphine set from the Victorian era.
11. Mary Magdalene as she appears in the basilica crypt of St. Maximinin la Saint Baume
12. Some preserved medical findings at the Mutter Museum.
13. Anatomical models from the seventeenth century.
14. A poster from a time where apparently Cooties were a very real concern.
15. Performers from a freak show.
16. The handiwork of Dr. Louis Auzoux—a paper mache gynecological model circa 1880.
17. A Halloween Costume from the past… YIKES!
18. A Victorian era cage built around a coffin, to void off the impending threat of vampire corpses.